It is that exciting time in our family when we welcome Ayyam-i-Ha – a Baha’i holiday that is celebrated for 4 days right before the last month in the Baha’i Calendar, The Fasting Month.
We have planned whole lot for the next 4 days:
1. I usually prepare 4 small gifts for each day of Ayyam-i-Ha
2. From the beginning of February, we do an Ayyam-i-Ha countdown and decorate our Ayyam-i-Ha branch with flowers.
3. We prepare decorations.
4. We invite friends over and go out for meals.
5. We sing, dance and play and spend these days in joy and happiness.
Today I would like to introduce to you the last minute craft you can have your children help you with – an Ayyam-i-Ha DIY Gift Wrap. I love making my own wraps and this particular wrap can be made for any holiday or celebration!
– thing sheets of paper (I used soft paper for calligraphy)
– water colors and brushes
– finger paints and stamps
How to make it:
There is no strict rule! You can either use water colors with more water and a brush to make dots on the paper. Or you can use finger paints to draw designs or stamp the paper.
Dry your paper properly. It may crumble a bit so thinner paper is better. Our soft calligraphy paper dried within minutes.
Wrap your gifts now!
Happy Ayyam-i-Ha to you all!