Christmas was not celebrated much in USSR where I grew up. And even now, it is celebrated in January, based on Orthodox Christian calendar.
Yet, celebrating New Year meant decorating the tree in December, preparing frozen goods, and having the same excitement and anticipation as people around the world have for Christmas.
If you click on the link above, you will read all about unusual Christmas/New Year’s decorations we put on our trees. I remember clearly at some point we had curtain tassels hanging on our trees!
So today, to commemorate my childhood, I am going to show you how to make DIY Christmas tree Tassels Decoration. It is quick and your kids will have fun. Good thing? You can always use them later on your curtains!
What you will need:
A piece of cardboard
White and colorful thread (ours is shiny!)
1. Draw and cut out a circle from your cardboard.
2. Using the white thread, secure it and roll over in all directions on the circle. Add the colourful thread. Roll as thick as you want your tassel.
3. Secure the ends. Now, using the needle with a thread, go under the treads on one side and secure the middle.
4. Cut the threads on the other side and tighten the thread you used with the needle. Now you have just a bunch of threads tied up together!
5. Adjust the treads to look like a tassel, and using white or colorful thread, roll over to decorate the tip which will keep the threads down.
6. Now make a knot on which the tassel will hang, and cut the ends of the thread to even it out. Voilà!
These tassels will also make great decorations to put around the house!
Every year bloggers of Kid Blogger Network get together to celebrate Christmas and bring you some fun ideas for decorations!
Hop over to Mama Miss to see what other decorations the bloggers have made for you!
Check out other bloggers who posted on the same day with me: