Some years ago I wrote a post on Dating Your Husband with Children. That was before we had our 3rd. Now that all our 3 kids are bigger, here are Five Ideas for Dates When You Have Young Kids that worked for us.
1. Movie night date in our living room. This is after hours, when everyone is asleep. Usually we end up just watching an episode of a favourite show. But once in a while we actually get to sit through a whole movie!
2. Lunch date. Since both of us work relatively close to each other, we go on lunch dates. We get to spend a couple of hours just the two of us.
3. Bicycle ride date. We haven’t done many of those. We actually went on just ONE bicycle ride just the two of us. But it is in the plans!
4. Salsa night date. This would only work if you have an older child who can babysit. Even in our case this babysitting happened for 1 hour while the over two were down for the night, and we were just 10 minutes car ride away.
5. Nap date. This is what we do sometimes during our lunch break – we pass out for a short nap! I love that Chinese schools usually have long lunch break where both children and teachers can go for a nice rest. So we take advantage of that.
Today is my husband’s birthday! So I dedicate this post to him!
Feel free to share your ideas with ms!
Come back and check out all of the great ideas these awesome bloggers are sharing. You can find an updated schedule over at Inspired by Family. Our 12 awesome mom bloggers are: Paradise Praises , Inspired by Family, Beauty Through Imperfection, The Gingerbread House , The Classy Chapter , Confidence Meets Parenting, Pichea Place, Thinking Kids Blog , Simple Acres Blog, Clarissa West, Creative World of Varya, The Educators Spin On It