I’ve been recently trying to have my blog more organized by creating series of posts. Today I am starting yet another series called Cooking series. Some of these recipes I make together with my daughter and some I make or create for my family’s benefit.
Today’s recipe: No Egg Zucchini Slices.
We do like eggs but sometimes I feel like baking something without them as eggs usually leave a strong odour on everything. The original recipe calls for 6 eggs – it gives the slices different density from the ones I am describing here and different taste, of course.
So I adopted a no egg recipe I found for making muffins and tried it out to make zucchini slices. I liked them and found they are best consumed cooled or even cold!
You will need:
2 cups of flour (I combined regular wheat flour with whole wheat. For gluten-free option – potato flour would also work well!)
2 teaspoons of baking soda
half a teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of water (here you adjust to get the right consistency)
1 medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
How to make it:
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Grate zucchini and carrot (I used the larger grater but you can use the smaller one if you wish).
3. Mix vegetables and dry ingredients together.
4. Add oil and water (I also added dill) and mix till you get a thick (but not too thick) enough mixture
5. Line up a baking tray with baking paper or grease it and pour the mixture on it, evening it out. Bake at 190C for 30-40 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick.
6. This is what you get!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe! Thank you for reading my blog